Sunday, September 30, 2018

Pocket Scrapbooking Cards

Camping Theme

Have you ever thought of making your own pocket scrapbooking cards?  I have a lot that I've purchased, but sometimes they just aren't exactly what I want for my layout.  I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but I've started making some of my own cards.  I have a ton of great background stamps, camping stamps and stencils that I can use for this purpose.  And, I have the Lawn Fawn dies for pocket scrapbooking - they create the perfect size of card, both large and small.  All you have to do is die cut, stamp, stencil and embellish.

For this set of cards I used Warm Cocoa ink by Gina K Designs to stamp the MFT In the Wilderness background stamp on Gina K Designs' Fresh Asparagus cardstock.  I added accents on the larger cards with a strip of Kraft cardstock, also by Gina K Designs.  When I'm ready to use the cards, I can add a sentiment or short description to that section.

Same design and cardstocks (in reverse) for this set, but I used dark green ink to stamp the SSS Tree Background stamp on the Kraft cardstock.  It seemed appropriate for trees.

For this set, I used the Holiday Foliage stencil from Newton's Nook as the pattern and applied green and brown distress inks, using a sponge dauber, to the leaves and pine cones.  The cardstock for the base is Kraft by Gina K Designs and the large card is accented with Dark Chocolate cardstock cut with the Forest Border Lawn Fawn die.

The cardstock base in this set is Honey Mustard (GKD) and I used  Tim Holtz Mini Stencil 32 with blending ink to create the tree pattern.  As I have the mini stencil, I had to overlap and repeat my blending several times on the larger cards to fill the entire panel.

In each set I tried to make vertical and horizontal cards in both the 4 X 6 and 2 X 3 sizes.  Some sets I used both sides of the card and made a vertical pattern on one side and a horizontal pattern on the other.  This way, the cards will fit with whatever layout style I choose.
Another tree-based set of cards using the MFT In the Woods stencil, distress ink blending and Honey Mustard (GKD) cardstock.
These background stamps by Impression Obsession, called "Rocks" and "Stones", create very realistic backgrounds.  These will be great for layouts of camping trips where we take the puppies down to the river.  I love the detail in these stamps.
This is a great stamp by So Suzy Stamps ("Hammock") and I thought it would be fun to incorporate into my scrapbook.  My husband and I received hammocks for Christmas one year and we use them for reading and relaxing while we are camping, so this stamp is perfect!  Again, a vertical and a horizontal version.  Simple cards with only the stamp, in Versafine Onyx Black ink, on plain Gina K Designs Kraft cardstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your input is appreciated.