Saturday, September 22, 2018

Clean and Simple Christmas Cards

Christmas Lights 

Colouring is therapeutic and fun.  I really enjoy it.  For this set of simple cards I stamped the Hero Arts Christmas Lights 6 x 6" background stamp on Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock in Momento Tuxedo Black ink.  I chose this particular ink because it is Copic marker friendly.  Next, I chose markers in the red, green, blue and yellow families and sat down in front of the TV to colour.  I used two shades per colour, as the images are so small.



I tried to follow a pattern with my light colouring (red, blue, green, yellow), but I found the lights didn't line up perfectly for the pattern to work, so I added some purple lights in here and there to fill odd spots.  After the Copic colouring was finished, I added Wink Of Stella clear glitter pen highlighting to each bulb and touched up the base of each bulb with a silver Spica glitter pen. 

The 6 x 6 panel was large enough for me to cut into thirds and create three cards.  I adhered the coloured pattern to the left side of a side folding A2 card base, added a strip of red paper along the edge and stamped a holiday sentiment to the right of the red paper strip, near the bottom of the card.  The Christmas sentiments are from the Hero Arts Poster Christmas Carols stamp set, stamped in Versafine Onyx Black ink.

This card is in the same style, but the sentiment is from the Gina K Designs Christmas Greenery stamp set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your input is appreciated.