Sunday, September 16, 2018

Girlfriend Cards

So Suzy Silhouette Stamps

As I've mentioned before, I love to make encouragement cards for my girlfriends.  Some have funny sayings inside, some have encouraging sentiments and some have both.  So Suzy Stamps has a number of silhouette stamps that I just love and they are perfect for this purpose.


For the first three cards, I blended full card panel backgrounds using Distress Oxide inks and then stamped a silhouette stamp over the ink blending.  To get a good impression, I stamped the images more than once.


This is the Venetian Mask stamp and I just love the detail .  I stamped using Versafine Onyx Black Ink for a crisp image.  There are other good black inks, but I tend to gravitate toward this one for crisp images.
This is the Black Slinky Dress stamp.  Again, I love the detail - the pretty hanger and the swirls at the bottom.  The addition of the high-heeled shoes in the background is a nice touch.


I wanted this card to have a dramatic background, so I used oranges and deep yellows for the blending.
Another great image is the Marilyn Monroe stamp.  The sentiment is included in the stamp beside the image of the woman.  I love the retro look of the hat and dress and the sentiment makes me laugh!


For this image I used blues and greens again, for more subtlety.


I need some practice with ink blending, but I'm working on it.
For the next three cards, I used the same ink blending technique, but I used Brutus Monroe Simple Blend stencils.  They are available in oval, square and round so far (but, I'm hoping for more!).


The oval ink blending created a lovely focal area in which to stamp the Swirly Hearts stamp.  The sentiment stamp is from a set by The Ton called Timeless Icons.  It's a great collection of quotes of Coco Chanel and Audrey Hepburn.
The next two cards follow the same style as the oval focal point card.  I made two of them using the same silhouette stamp, Martini Lady by So Suzy Stamps, with different quotes from The Ton's Timeless Icons sentiment stamp set.


I did one in cool tones and one in warm tones.  I think my girlfriends will get a kick out of these cards.
By the way, that little card stand that I've been using in my pictures was a gift with purchase when I bought some organizers from Organize More.  Thanks so much for the sweet gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your input is appreciated.