Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Hello, you cheeky monkey!

Embossing, Metallic Markers & Perfect Pearls


I fell in love with the Ornate Background stamp from Simon Says Stamp as soon as I saw it.  I pictured myself trying multiple techniques with it and these cards show the first few that I tried.


For this card, I treated the background panel of Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock with my anti static powder tool, then I stamped the background image with Versamark embossing ink.  Next, I embossed the image using fine silver embossing powder from Ranger.  Once the background was ready for colouring, I pulled out my Crafter's Companion Precious Metals and Rare Minerals metallic markers and went to town colouring the image.  I love colouring.  I adhered the panel to a card base of Black Licorice cardstock from Lawn Fawn. 
This version of the card is simpler.  I treated the background panel of Black Licorice cardstock with my static powder tool, then I stamped the background image with Versamark embossing ink.  Instead of embossing in silver, I used a fine detail white embossing powder (also from Ranger).  I love the simple but dramatic contrast of the white on the black.


Below are two backgrounds that I created using embossing ink and Perfect Pearls powders in Perfect Gold and Perfect Pearl colours.  I set the powder with a fine mist of water.


The final touch for these cards is the fabulous sentiment - hello you cheeky monkey!  This is a CZ Designs stamp set with a matching die for the large "hello" sentiment. I stamped the large "hello" sentiment in Versafine Black Onyx ink on Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock and die cut it.  I stamped the smaller sentiment on some Black Licorice cardstock and embossed it with white embossing powder.  Then, I adhered the sentiments to the card panel.


I love this set.  It's full of all kinds of snarky sayings that make me laugh out loud.  My girlfriends are definitely going to get a kick out of these cards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your input is appreciated.