Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Birthday Cards using Concord & 9th Stamps and Dies

Birthday Cards

I continue to make birthday cards and I have wanted to use the Sprinkles turnabout stamp by Concord & 9th for some time.  The stamp comes with additional birthday themed images and sentiments, and there is also a coordinating set of dies that includes a very handy little tag.

 As I usually do, I made the same card design in several colour combinations. 

On the first card, I used a red and blue theme.  I stamped the sprinkles on the background using red, blue, green and brown inks.  The cupcake images offer several options.  There are two different outlines, two different cupcake cups, two different icing styles and two types of sprinkle toppings.  I mixed and matched the cupcake components to coordinate with the card colour theme. The next step was to die cut the tag in blue paper (from my scrap bin).  Then, I die cut the stamped cupcake images, stamped a sentiment on the tag in black (although, I wish now that I had used a brighter colour), stamped some sprinkles on the top of the tag and embossed them with red embossing power. As a finishing touch, I added some twine in red and blue to decorate the top of the tag.  The tag was then adhered to the card panel with foam squares and the panel was adhered to a top folding card base.

To the left, the same card design with a similar colour scheme, but with a red tag and yellow in the background sprinkles instead of the brown.

Below a brighter version of the card with a pool coloured tag and brighter colours used for the background sprinkles.  This one is my favourite colour combination.



A mix of the red and blue colour combination and the teal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your input is appreciated.