Monday, September 03, 2018

Lawn Fawn Birthday Cards

Birthday Cards for my Stash

My birthday card stash was a little low, so I thought I would make some cards that could be used for a variety of ages.  Since I absolutely love my Lawn Fawn stamps and dies, I thought I would use those products and make multiple cards in the same style.  I also used two different background colours, both of which can be used for either male or female recipients.




The side-fold card base is made from Lawn Fawn cardstock in Peacock (above) or Chili Pepper (below).  I cut the Quilted Backdrop die cut cover plate out of Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock and layered it on the card base using my Lawn Fawn glue pen.  

The coloured images are from the Simply Celebrate stamp set, which I stamped in Momento Tuxedo Black ink (because it is Copic friendly).  Next, I coloured the images in rainbow colours with my Copic markers and die cut the images with the matching dies set.  I then popped the images up onto the card front using dimensional adhesive.



The last step was to stamp a sentiment, using Versafine Onyx Black ink, onto banner strips that I had cut and fish tailed by hand.  To keep the banners from blending into the background, I cut small pieces of cardstock that matched the card base and glued those pieces to the back of the banners.  The sentiment strips were then adhered to the card, also with dimensional adhesive.

I love the images in the Simply Celebrate set and very much look forward to making more cards using the holiday version!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your input is appreciated.