Thursday, October 04, 2018

Creating Pocket Scrapbooking Cards

General Travel Theme

The pocket scrapbooking card-making idea really caught on with me.  I decided to make some general cards and a couple of cards.  I used a kraft cardstock base, the My Favourite Things Arrows Abound stencil and Distress Oxide inks.  I used a small sponge dauber to alternate the light green-blue with the darker blue for added interest. 

To jazz up the larger card, I added a scrap of blue paper to the bottom of the card, die cut to match the shape of the card and also with a zigzag border die from Pretty Pink Posh. 

I like that these cards have a simple background pattern, but that the colour on the kraft makes the arrow design pop.
This is a similar design using another common travel theme:  planes.  Kraft cardstock base with Black Soot Distress ink used to ink the planes through the stencil (Carta Bella's "Planes").  A simple set of cards that can be used for a variety of trip themes, so long as a plane is involved of course!

Below is another general themed card that can be used for a variety of trips -- a world map.  I stamped the Darkroom Door World Map on a scrap of dark brown cardstock and embossed it with gold embossing powder.  The other version was stamped in Dark Chocolate ink on Honey Mustard cardstock (both Gina K Designs).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your input is appreciated.