Monday, October 08, 2018

Clean and Simple Bithday Card

Using Christmas Themed Items for Other Purposes

The new Concord & 9th Christmas release is incredible, as their holiday releases always are.  But, I needed a birthday card fairly quickly and this release had just arrived in my mailbox.  So, here’s my take on a birthday card using images and dies from Christmas-themed sets.

I started by taking a short “diamond” border die and placing it in my MISTI.  Each time that I changed colours, I moved the card panel upward half an inch which gave me an even distribution over the panel. 


I decided to use a rainbow colour palate of Catherine Pooler Designs inks to make a bright background the star of the show.

Once the stamped panel was complete, I die cut it using the largest sized die in the Small Rectangle Stackable dies.  I then cut a scrap of Bazzil Bling cardstock, to place behind the stamped panel, in blue for the full sized card front panel.  I used the A2 sized Rectangle Stitched Stackable die from Lawn Fawn’s large set of rectangle stackable dies to match the pattern on both panels.  Next, I die cut the Holly Jolly banner die from a scrap of dark pink Bazzil Bling cardstock and stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black ink.  I had to stamp the sentiment more than once because the cardstock was textured.  My MISTI is one of my favourite cardmaking tools, and this is why - it makes cardmaking so much easier.


I adhered the banner using three layers of 3M foam tape, for the popped-up section, and Lawn Fawn glue tube for the base parts that attach to the card.


The sentiments are from the Reverse Confetti Birthday Wishes stamp set.  I used the "So Many Candles.  So Little Cake" on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your input is appreciated.