Thursday, January 18, 2018

Concord & 9th Christmas plaid background card

I love the Concord & 9th Christmas stamps and dies released in 2017. 

Two colour combinations called to me for this card – blue and silver and red and gold. 

I used Neenah Solar White cardstock for the card panel and the card base.

The plaid background stamps so well; I love it! 


Along the sides of the card panel I adhered strips of glitter tape from The Ton. 

I cut the ribbon banner die (another favourite!) three times – once from white paper to stamp the sentiment and snowflakes on, once on paper that I stamped with ink to match the plaid colour on the card, and a third time out of scrap paper covered in glitter tape to match the edges of the card.  I layered the three banners on the front of the card. 


The ink colours are Lawn Fawn red (Lobster) and blue (Blue Jay) and Delicata gold and silver.  The sentiment is from the Christmas Cheer Turnabout stamp set.

I am really pleased with how these cards turned out.  I'll be using these stamps and dies again next year, methinks!





1 comment:

  1. Hi there, Ashlyn! I came over from Jan's new blog. Your cards are beautiful!
    Have fun with your new blog!
    Nancy
    thenickelnook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your input is appreciated.